Cheese Cave is a full-service cut-to-order cheese shop in Claremont – about 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. We are family owned and operated. We love our employees. We have been in business since 2010.
Come join our growing team! The Cheese Cave/DTLA Cheese family includes a full-service cheese shop in Claremont, California (located in the heart of Claremont’s historic Village), as well as our sister store located inside the Grand Central Market in Downtown Los Angeles (DTLA Cheese). We thrive on carrying the highest quality products possible. We are looking for a motivated, energetic and talented cheesemonger to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Cheesemonger Position Summary:
A cheesemonger is the liaison between the cheesemaker and the consumer. Cheese Cave is looking for a great cheesemonger who has experience working behind a cheese counter. We Thrive on telling our customers about the cheeses we are selling including the background of the farmers and cheesemakers. Cheese Cave has achieved its reputation by having a very close relationship with our customers and our suppliers. It is vital that these links are continued, constant vigilance is required to keep products at their peak, and present them fairly and honestly to customers.
Cheese Cave is passionate about good food and exceptional customer service – our work atmosphere is fast-paced, positive, and fun. The cheesemonger sells awesome products honestly and enthusiastically. The ability to hustle is required, as is the desire to be a part of an established team. Customer service and customer experience are paramount. You must have a love of cheese and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service!
- Amazing employee discount.
- 401(k) with employer matching!
- Competitive Pay.
- Fun work environment.
- Curate a selection of cheeses and accompanying items based on the customer’s needs.
- Provide a working knowledge of artisan cheese, wine, and beer to the customer in a clear and understandable way.
- Efficiently and accurately ring up customers on a computerized point of sale (POS) with weighed, scanned, and manually entered items.
- Give true and accurate information to customers about products.
- Respect cheese and other products, present them in the best possible way.
- Merchandise cheese case and dry goods in an aesthetically appealing way .
- Basic knife skills to efficiently prepare a variety of foods.
- Receive incoming deliveries, verifying quantities, weights, and condition of products.
- Cheese care and rotation.
- Clean and sanitize work areas to improve efficiency and cleanliness.
- Keep the kitchen tidy and sanitary, washing dishes and sanitizing in real time.
- Clean and reset for the next day in the closing of a shift.
- Previous role as a cheesemonger. We are also hiring a Cashier if you would like us to train you to become a cheesemonger.
- Passionate about good food, especially cheese.
- Ability to handle numerous tickets in an organized manner.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work Weekends.
- Valid ServSafe Food Handlers Card within 10 days of hire. Cheese Cave will reimburse the $15 fee.
- Speak, read, & write English fluently.
- Reliable transportation to arrive on time.
Please bring your resume by the shop to say Hi, or send it to jobs at claremont cheese dot com
Please do not apply though Indeed, as this is not a service that we use!