You must have a love of cheese and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service!
The cashier is often the first contact that a customer has with Cheese Cave and must be able to direct customers in a clear and courteous manner. The cashier will efficiently and accurately ring customers up, pack items to go, and receive correct payment for each sale. Customer service and customer experience are primary objectives. Cashier will also assist cheesemongers with wrapping of cheese, restocking products, cleaning work areas, washing dishes, removing trash, etc.
Because Cheese Cave is small, all employees are expected to assist in additional duties such as food prep, cleaning, customer service, and register duties. A key component of our business is customer education about the cheeses they are eating, as well as the farmers and cheesemakers that make cheese possible. We are passionate about good food and exceptional service. The work atmosphere is fast-paced, positive, and fun. The ability to hustle is required, as is the desire to be a part of an established team. We value employees that are excited and want to learn about the artisanal food and beverage industries.
- Efficiently and accurately ring up customers on computerized point of sale (POS) with weighed, scanned, and manually entered items.
- Accept payment and make change for customers. Bag items and assist customers.
- Provide food and beverage customer service in a professional manner.
- Restock products.
- Assist cheesemongers by wrapping and labeling cheese while keeping each order separate.
- Efficiently prepare a variety of foods prior to opening.
- Clean and sanitize work areas to improve efficiency and cleanliness.
- Curate an experience for customers at the register, providing suggestions and guidance.
- Retain an updated knowledge of all cheese, wine, beer, and food products.
- Keep the kitchen tidy and sanitary, washing dishes and sanitizing in real time.
- Clean and reset for the next day in the closing of a shift. Take trash and recycling to appropriate bins behind building.
- Valid ServSafe Food Handlers Card within 10 days of hire. Cheese Cave will reimburse the fee.
- Retail experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment where hustle is required.
- Ability to handle numerous tickets in an organized manner.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Speak, read, & write English fluently.
- Reliable transportation to arrive on time.
- Experience in the artisanal cheese industry.
- Hospitality/kitchen/service experience.
- Passionate about good food, especially cheese.
- Able and excited to curate a culinary experience.
- Listen and communicate well with staff, managers, and guests.
- Accept constructive criticism and make adjustments accordingly.
- Able to perform under pressure.
- Maintain a positive attitude and productive energy-level.
- Display professionalism when assisting guests and communicating with co-workers.
Please bring your resume to the shop or or send it to email@example.com